Join us as we commemorate the 25th anniversary of the movie, "A League of Their Own," with a 1940s-themed cocktail event.
Come in your best 1940s attire (optional - but encouraged!) and walk the red carpet to enter the celebration located at the Huntingburg Event Center. Take a step back in time and pay tribute to this hit motion picture that was partially filmed in Huntingburg, Indiana.
The price per ticket is $40. (In order to ensure tickets, purchase in advance! While there is still plenty available as of right now, seating capacity is limited with a set number of spaces.)
- When: Friday, June 16, 2017
- Time: 7pm - 10pm
- Where: Huntingburg Event Center 200 E. 14th St. Huntingburg, IN 47542
- Special appearance by actress, Bitty Schram, who played "Evelyn Gardner," the sobbing right-fielder who was reminded by Tom Hanks that "THERE'S NO CRYING IN BASEBALL!"
- Special appearance by Justin Scheller, "Stilwell Gardner" in the movie, Evelyn's son that taunted all the Peaches in the film.
- Special appearance by Ryan Olsen, “Dollbody Kid” in the movie, who propositioned Dottie Hinson (Geena Davis) to “slip in the back seat and make a man out of me."
- Premiere showing of a "9-inning" documentary that commemorates the City of Huntingburg, League Stadium and the making of the movie!
- Hors d'oeurves, Cash Bar and 1940s music!
All proceeds from the 25th Anniversary celebration will be donated to the "League Stadium Endowment" with the Dubois County Community Foundation to ensure the future of this iconic landmark.
For any questions or additional information, please contact the Huntingburg Chamber at 812-683-5699.